Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Synthesis Question

Hi,

I´m dosing the Aquavitro line to my planted tank, and I have a question.

If the the recommended doses are:

Nitrates ~10 - 15 mg/L,
    Phophates ~.5 - 1.5 mg/L

What week dosage I need for my 200l (about 53gal) tank? I have a heavy planted tank with Rotalas, Limnofilas, Monte Carlo , Staurogynes.

The bottle says, use same dose for Synthesis and Activate to keep the 5:1 ratio, what 5:1 , 5ppm and 1ppm ? But the recommended is not ~10ppm for Nitrate?

The week dosage can sliced for 3 days (monday, wednesday and friday) for example? How can I test if I dose day another day?

Hello again Duz1nho,

It's been a little while since I've heard from you, I hope you're doing well. The basic dose of Synthesis adds the same amount of total nitrogen as 1ppm nitrate would if that's the only form which was added. By using the same dose of Activate you achieve a 5:1 ratio of N to P. When using Synthesis here in the office I dose according to nitrate-equivalent (NO3-N) since I've been using NO3 concentration for the past twenty years of planted aquarium keeping and it's easier for me to understand. You can use NO3-N to target N dosing to whatever concentration you want. However; I recommend doing smaller doses more frequently (2-3 ppm NO3-N every other day) than large doses less frequently. I've tried it both ways and have had better results with frequent dosing of lower concentrations. Since you're keeping fast growing plants that have a high nutrient demand, I'd start with a 3 ppm NO3-N dose for two weeks then adjust up or down from there depending on your plants' response. The same can be done with Activate. If you see that your plants need more P, you can increase the dose as needed.

As for testing; because Synthesis has three forms of N, a standard NO3 test won't show the actual amount of N being added, it will only show the NO3.

Kind regards,
    PE

Comment

Tks a lot.

I'm dosing that way now. There is a lot of mismatched information on the internet.

I divide 10 PPM in 3 days, and I put the fraction in each day.

Comment

You're very welcome. Please keep me updated on your tank's progress. Pictures are always appreciated!

Regards,
        PE

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Support PE View Post
          You're very welcome. Please keep me updated on your tank's progress. Pictures are always appreciated!

Regards,
          PE
          Can I mix Activate and Sythesis , I buyed an automatic doser, and its has only 4 botles... and I´m dosing 5 itens.

Other question.. Can I dose all ferts all days, syntesis, activate, propel, potassium and envy? Actually I´m dosing macros day other day, propel every day, and envy another day;

Comment

Hello again,

It's not a good idea to mix nitrogen and phosphorus products together to avoid bacterial or fungal growth if the solution gets contaminated. I'd take Envy off your doser and do that one by hand. All the rest can be dosed daily. In fact, I'd highly recommend it. Use the basic recommended dose each day. This will make sure your plants are getting what they need to compensate for what they used the day before.

Regards,
            PE

Comment

Hello again,

It's not a good idea to mix nitrogen and phosphorus products together to avoid bacterial or fungal growth if the solution gets contaminated. I'd take Envy off your doser and do that one by hand. All the rest can be dosed daily. In fact, I'd highly recommend it. Use the basic recommended dose each day. This will make sure your plants are getting what they need to compensate for what they used the day before.

Regards,
              PE
              Probaly I will need buy other automatic doser. I´v buyed this for holidays trips or vacations. Someone can dose 1 or 2 time for week, but I prefer automate the maximum .

Comment

Please keep me updated on how your tank does with the auto dosing.

Regards,
                PE

Comment

Please keep me updated on how your tank does with the auto dosing.

Regards,
                  PE
                  You say dont mix Synthesis and Activate, but I find others posts that says , can mix Nitrogen and Phosphorous.

My Synthesis and Activate stay in original bottles, really Cant mix them?

Comment

Hello Duz1nho,

I've formulated liquid fertilizer supplements for lab research jobs I've had in the past and would strongly recommend against mixing N and P solutions together. It's entirely possible to do so, but extreme care needs to be taken to make sure it doesn't get contaminated. Using an auto doser increases the chances of this since the tube is in the container all the time. You're better of being safe and keeping them in separate bottles.

Regards,
                    PE

Comment

Working...
                    X