• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron and Hanna tester

Hi guys.
    I have Iron and Hanna tester.
    My aquarium is 300 lts.

I added 1 ml of Iron Seachem and test 10 minutes later and the result was 0,07. I test 20 minutes later and the result was 0,06. I test 30 minutes later and the result was 0.

Why does it disappear so fast?
    The next 23:30 hours I have no iron in the aquarium?

Healthy plants will take up surprising concentrations of nutrients rather quickly. Keep in mind that the Ferrous Gluconate in Flourish Iron is in the form most readily taken up by plants as they don't have to spend energy at the cell membranes to convert it from the Ferric (3+) to the Ferrous (2+) form prior to uptake. While your test shows 0 mg/L Fe in the water, the plants have taken it up and have it available to use. As a scientist, I'm curious; what's the standard error on the device and what's it's lower detection limit?

Regards,
    PE

Comment

Jajaja.... I´m a scientist and I´m so curious too.
      The instruction manual says: Range: 0.00 to 5.00 ppm and accuracy +/- 0,04 ppm +/- 2% of reading @25 ºC/77ºF.

-Should Flourish Iron be refrigerated?

Regards,
      Juanes

Comment

Hello Juanes,

Flourish Iron doesn't need to be refrigerated. That being said, I do recommend using smaller bottles and replacing them frequently rather than buying a single large bottle and keeping it around for a long time. This will help to make sure you're always using the freshest product your retailer has available.

Regards,
        PE

Comment

Working...
        X