Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nitrates and phosphates in aquarium with fishes

Hi,
    The Seachem Planted Aquarium Dosing Calendar (https://www.seachem.com/downloads/ch...Dose-Chart.pdf) suggests how to add the different Seachem Flourish products. But in many planted aquariums there are fish, so nitrates and phosphates are already present in the aquarium. Do the doses of Flourish Nitrogen or Flourish Phosphorus shown in the calendar correspond to an aquarium without fishes? If my aquarium has fishes, should I reduce the amounts of Flourish Nitrogen or Flourish Phosphorus that appear on the Seachem calendar?
    Thank you!

Hi there, thanks for reaching out !

The dosing calendar is more of a suggested dosing regime than a strict protocol, as all tanks are going to be a little bit different. I would recommend testing your levels first off then dosing appropriately from there for the best results.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I reduce the amounts of Flourish Nitrogen or Flourish Phosphorus that appear on the Seachem calendar?
      Last edited by tech support SM; 03-10-2020, 14:09.

Comment

Again, it is important to test your nitrate and phosphate levels before making any changes to your supplementation. If you test and have sufficient amounts of these nutrients in the water column, you can reduce your supplementation of these items.

Comment

Working...
        X