Plants dying off...ich and gill gluke problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plants dying off...ich and gill gluke problem

so ive got two tanks a sixty and a 15. the sixty is a community with all types of fish, amazon puffers, swordtails, mollies, rams, and even a mudskipper. I got a few rasboras the other day and it turns out they came with gill flukes. medicating the whole tank right now. however, the main problem is that my plants are either dying of just barely surviving. I use the carib sea eco complete substrate and 2 AI Primes Freshwaters that get to around 40% at most. I do not use any co2 dosing however I do does fluval gro+ once a week and seachem flourish excel a day. appreciate any help

Thanks for the post, NotFishyFishGuy.

What treatment are you using for the Gill Flukes? Did your plants start declining after you began treatment? What are the parameters in the tank (pH, GH, KH, phosphate, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate)? Can you describe what symptoms you are seeing in the plants? It sounds like either the plants are suffering from the gill fluke treatment or they are lacking nutrients. If you can provide a little more information about your tank and what is happening, we are happy to troubleshoot further!

Comment

Definitely lacking nutrients, they have been suffering since before. Gill fluke and Ich treatments were API general cure, accurel knowckout IP, Prazipro, high temp, and API aquarium salt, and metro+ none of which has been worming so far. Ammonia nitrate and nitrite are all 0, not sure on the kh and gh, I’ll test that tomorrow, ph, 7.1

Comment

Bump

Comment

Hello NotFishyFishGuy,

We would recommend testing your NPK ratio. The signs of deficiencies are most associated with a macronutrient deficiency. Plants need Nitrate, Phosphate, and Potassium (NPK) in a set ratio. If they run out of one, they can't use the other two. That means that if your tank runs out of phosphate then your nitrate will start to build up because your plants can't use it. Most people try to maintain a 15:1:20 ratio of these nutrients, although it varies from tank to tank. Addressing these should help plant health and growth significantly. However, also note that most medications are going to be significantly stressful to plants.

Seachem's suggested water parameters for a planted aquarium are:

pH: 6.5-7.5
          KH: 1-2.5 meq/L
          GH: 1-2.5 meq/L
          Nitrogen: 10-20 mg/L
          Phosphate: 0.5-1 mg/L
          Potassium: 8-15 mg/L

Best,

Seachem support 10312

Comment

that my plants are either dying of just barely surviving. I use the carib sea eco complete substrate and 2 AI Primes Freshwaters that get to around 40% at most. I do not use any co2 dosing however I do does fluval gro+ once a week and seachem flourish excel a day. appreciate any help
            Last edited by tech support SM; 03-10-2020, 14:10.

Comment

Working...
            X