A few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions

Hello, I use the aquavitro line in my Dutch aquarium. Why is there no potassium in the auquavitro line? I am asking because the one included in activate is inadequate. I try to keep potassium at 10 ppm. But using activate is not possible, because phosphorus would be too high. I am forced to supplement with k2so4 salts. And whether envy are just vitamins and hormones? Is it necessary to add additional microelements, or envy enough ??
    Greetings from Poland. Nazer

Thanks for the post! If you are using the entire aquavitro planted line of supplements, you should be getting adequate potassium. Potassium is in the following products:

premier
    activate
    carbonate
    mineralize

However, if you need more potassium, I would recommend using our Flourish Potassium as an additional supplement. I personally use some of both product lines for my planted aquariums. I use the Flourish Potassium and Flourish Excel in addition to the aquavitro supplements.

Envy is a broad spectrum supplement that contains both trace and micro elements. You will likely need to also add propel (iron) to the mix as well for optimum growth of your plants.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I am using:
      Propel
      Synthesis
      Activate
      Envy
      I do not use carbonate and mineralize because I pour tap water into the aquarium. Here, where I live, I have very soft water, KH is 3, GH 6. I do not need to use a Ro filter. In my country, many valued aquarists maintain parameters: ph maximum 6, Kh 0-3, Gh maximum 8. They have beautiful tanks. I give the aforementioned fertilizers daily in small doses so that nitrogen and phosphorus are quickly absorbed by plants and not detectable in water. The administration according to your weekly plan for aquavitro did not work for me. For example, giving every day propel as recommended by your plan led to the accumulation of iron that lacked scale on the test :) Plants generally grow well but I have problems with some, for example, Ludwigia white, Rotala macrandra, Rotala butterfly, Nesea gold, twists their growth cones . Rotala macrandra can not stain, but as you know it is problematic plants.
      One more question is whether your aquavitro fertilizers are better served with the light turned off or on in the aquarium?
      ps. If my text is not understandable, please understand, I am using a google translator, because my English is not too good :)
      Last edited by Nazer; 06-01-2019, 00:32.

Comment

Thanks for the post, Nazer! I typically recommend adding the fertilizers in the period right before the lights come on. This will allow nutrients to be available both during the plant's respiration period and during the photosynthetic period. The time of day during which you dose will ultimately be up to personal preference when you think growth reaches peak rates.

I hope this helps!

Comment

thank you for the answer, unfortunately I can not afford to give fertilizers just before lighting, because at 6 am I go to work, I give after return at 4 pm. But I'll take it somehow. Can I throw pictures of plants with which I have a problem? Can you help diagnose the cause ?? I would be grateful

Comment

If you post some pictures, we would be happy to assist with deficiency identification!

Comment

Working...
            X