Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I dose - Flourish Excel

Greetings from Barcelona,

so I just bought a 250ml Excel bottle. It is thesecond time that I will be using Excel. I first used it about 1 year ago. I do not know I did not follow the description properly or what exactly happened, but the only thing I achieved was a pretty nice algae garden. This time I would like to make sure that I am doing exactly what is needed.

Lately, I have begun to see that some plants start to show some deficiencies in nutrients. Again, I am deciding to use Excel, since everyone gets such good results from it! At the moment, I am doing a water change (40%) as it says in the instructions. I have a 5 month old 120x40x30 150L (120 real) quite planted tank, with easy and a couple medium difficulty plants.

So how exactly should I proceed; after this waterchange I will add 15ml (first dose) of Excel. The day after tomorrow I will start adding 2ml every other day, 3 days a week. Would this be correct? I have a 96W light, nutritive substrate with gravel on top and a filtration of around 1400l/h (Professionel 4+ 600 and AquaClear 30).

I know this is quite a stupid question, but I do not want to deal with the headache I had during 3 months.

Thank you very much in advance to everyone answering!
    Last edited by Bluono; 03-05-2019, 14:45.

Hi Bluono, thanks for reaching out!

Looks like you've got it exactly right. 15mL after your water change and 3 mL for regular maintenance doses. You can dose Excel every other day, or you can choose to dose daily, as well.

​Please let us know if we can be of any more assistance!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

No worries!

Comment

Just wondering but what would happen if you only dosed flourish excel once or twice a week with regular flourish? Would it still have any benefit or would it cause problems ?

I have low carbon requiring plants like java fern, java moss, a moss ball, and Anubias nana. In a 10 gallon betta tank.
          Last edited by Schwartr; 12-24-2019, 09:12.

Comment

Hello Schawrtr,

The dosing instructions printed on our Flourish products are intended to meet the needs of a moderately planted tank. They can however, be adjusted to meet the needs of your specific aquarium, as all aquariums are different. Note however, that you may not get the full benefits from a lower or partial dose. We would recommend starting off with the recommended amounts and slowly reducing the amount or how often you dose and see how your plants react.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions!

TechSupport SM

Comment

Lately, I have begun to see that some plants start to show some deficiencies in nutrients. Again, I am deciding to use Excel, since everyone gets such good results from it! At the moment, I am doing a water change (40%) as it says in the instructions. I have a 5 month old 120x40x30 150L (120 real) quite planted tank, with easy and a couple medium difficulty plants.
              Last edited by tech support SM; 03-10-2020, 14:10.

Comment

Working...
              X