Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product and dosing help

Hi Guys

Planted tank n00b from India, currently running a 55 gallon heavily planted set up.

Tank info:
    Medium Tech, Low fish bioload (5 Congo Tetras, 1 Blue Ram, 1 Dwarf Gourami, 2 Asian Bumblebee Catfish)
    Pressurized CO2 via a glass diffuser
    Sand and flourite mix substrate
    60 watts of T8 (Hagen Lifeglo Tubes) + 25 watts 10K LED
    Filters - Eheim 2217 + Sicce Space ADV + Fluval internal filter
    Plants - Hygrophila 'Siamensis', Valisineria gigantea, Anubias 'nana', Hygrophila pinnafatida, Alt. reineckii, Echinodorus Spp, Ceraptopteris thalictroides, Proserpinaca palustris, Sagittaria 'Dwarf', Microsorum pteropus, Ludwigia repens, Staurogyne Spp, Crepidomanes Spp, Microcarpea minima, Potamogeton gayi, Ludwigia arcuata
    , Ludwigia brevipes, Bolbitis heteroclita, Nymphea 'Tiger'

Water - Tap water - Hard

I currently use the following Seachem products for a planted tank.

Seachem Nitrogen
    Seachem Potassium
    Seachem Phosphorus
    Seachem Trace
    Seachem Flourish
    Seachem Iron
    Seachem Flourish Excel

Looks like my self designed dosing schedule for all those products has failed me miserably with a proliferation of BBA and yellowing leaves to greet me everyday.

Therefore, I am here to ask the experts on how to do it the right way. Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Q1 - Do i need to use any more planted tank products apart from the ones listed above for good growth?

Q2 - How much of each and when (in a 7 day cycle) to dose to maintain 'light' EI level concentration of nutrients.

I was dosing NPK and Trace+Flourish+ Iron on alternate days with some Excel everyday.

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks and regards

Thanks for the post! We are sorry that you are having trouble with your planted tank. Unfortunately, each tank is incredibly different and will require different dosing strategies. In most cases, the plants will "tell" you what they need by way of showing deficiency signs. If you follow the below link, it will take you to our Flourish Dosing Chart and the Deficiency Chart so that you can use those as a reference going forward. Please keep in mind that the dosing chart is simply a guide and may need to be adjusted based on your plant needs.

http://www.seachem.com/charts.php

I hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
    X