Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 7 Partial Water Change

Hello

I am using exclusively all Seachem products for my planted aquarium so it makes sense that I follow the suggested dosing chart. On Day 7 it is for partial water change. There is no mention about the fertilizers on this day so I only start adding the ferts on Day 1 as shown in the chart. My question is should I really not add any ferts on Day 7 since I replace 50% of the water and the plants might be nutrient starved on that day?

Appreciate all your help.

Thank you.

Re: Day 7 Partial Water Change

Thank you for using our Flourish products in your tank! This is a great question, and, in fact, I would recommend adding Flourish Excel immediately following your water change.

You will notice on your bottle of Excel that is states to dose 5mL of Excel per 10 gallons of water after a major water change. On the dose chart, this is noted on Day 1, but I personally prefer to do the large dos immediately following a major water change instead of the following day.

This is what I would also recommend you to do.

Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help. I understand that you recommend to dose the large dose of excel in Day 1 to Day 7. Is it only the excel I would move or the entire additives in Day 1?

Perhaps the dosing chart needs some revision. Don't you think?

I do some tweaking on the amount of NPK and Fe that I dose based on the test results I get. But the order of what to dose on which day is what I completely follow.

Comment

This chart is merely a suggestion and should be adjusted to meet the needs of each individual tank. I personally dose the Flourish Excel on the day of a water change, along with Iron and Potassium. However, this is really based on the needs of your plants. I would definitely dose the Flourish Excel and the rest is completely up to you and what you feel that your plants need the most.

Even thought the chart does not suggest to dose Potassium each day, I do it because I know my plants need it.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you need further assistance.

Comment

i appreciate all your help. thank you.

Comment

You're very welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X