what kind of deficiency is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of deficiency is it

I am trying to identify what can be missing in my 6 gallons tank. I am working on equilibrate NO3 and PO4
    My parameters are: PH 7,2 GH= 60mg|l KH= 25 mg|l NO2=0 NO3 et PO4 often reach 0. I add flourish phosphorus and nitrogen every week but may be not enough. I also put potassium 3 times a week (1ml each time).
    Here is some pictures.
    thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

Re: what kind of deficiency is it

Thanks for the post!

Do you add any Flourish Iron or Flourish Excel? What substrate do you have? How often do you perform water changes? Are you using tap water or RO water? What type of lighting do you have and how long do you leave them on? Do you have CO2 injection?

If you could provide as much information as possible, we would be more than happy to assist you further.

Comment

I use tap water that has no hardness at all and have ADA new amazonia substrate. I follow your dosing chart put flourish, trace, iron, etc. as you recommand. I have no CO2 injection. Lights are led (daylight)giving 440 lumens 9 hours a day. Plants are: anubias,cryptocorynes, java fern narrow,vallisneria tortifola they hardly grow,eleocharis parvula. Every week I make 20-25% water change. Water is at 26 degrees.

Comment

Thanks for the additional information. Please keep in mind that the dose chart is merely a suggestion and can be adjusted to meet the needs of ones tank. I would recommend dosing potassium daily, as it is involved in so many cellular functions and is utilized very quickly. I would recommend adding the Flourish Nitrogen and Flourish Phosphorous in order to maintain a 5:1 ratio respectively. This is the ratio at which plants utilize these nutrients and when this is off, algae can utilize the excess. If you haven 't already done so, I would also recommend using our Flourish Tabs in the substrate. This will provide additional nutrients for the plants via the root zone.

Comment

Working...
        X