Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seachem Nitrogen and API ammonia test kit

Quick question:

I have a planted tank that I have had up and running for over a year. I've been dosing with the following seachem products- nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus, and comprehensive.

My question is about seachem nitrogen. Would dosing 2ml after a water change in a 5.5 gallon tank give me a positive reading on my API ammonia test kit the following day? I realize that it contains ammonium, but would it create a reading on my test kit for ammonia?

This is a pressurized setup with adequate inline diffusion. Filter is eheim 2211 classic which I maintain monthly and clean with the tank water from water changes. Plants are growing. Inhabitants are crs, rcs and amano shrimps.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Sincerely,

Walter

Re: Seachem Nitrogen and API ammonia test kit

Hello Walter, and thank you for your questions. While I have not seen this personally, I would imagine that you would see a false positive reading for ammonia on your API test kit. Because the API kit tests only for total ammonia, it would make sense that this could register, since Flourish Nitrogen does contain ammonium.

Your plants will utilize the nitrogen source quickly. I hope this helps and that you have a nice evening!

Comment

Working...
    X