Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flourish Compatible With Chemical Filtration Media?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flourish Compatible With Chemical Filtration Media?

I understand from previous posts that products like Bio-Chem Zorb are compatible with Flourish Excel. My question is whether it is compatible with products like Flourish Comprehensive.

My concern being that the activated carbons and resins in this product will absorb the micro and trace nutrients from the water before they can be used effectively by the plants.

Re: Flourish Compatible With Chemical Filtration Media?

Thank you for your questions. Because Bio-Chem Zorb is somewhat indiscriminate in what it removes from the water column, oftentimes it is not the best choice for planted aquariums, as it does have potential to remove some of the fertilizers or supplements that one may be dosing to the tank. With that said, the Flourish range of products is formulated in such a way that plants utilize the available nutrients very quickly, therefore not making the products too susceptible to removal by chemical filtration media.

I might suggest that you go with Purigen in your setup. Purigen does an excellent job at removing unwanted organics from the water, while leaving behind trace elements or any supplements that you are dosing. Because Purigen is an organic scavenging resin, it has a very specific affinity for nitrogenous organic waste and therefore leaves behind all of the products that you might be dosing.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Purigen does an excellent job at removing unwanted organics from the water, while leaving behind trace elements or any supplements that you are dosing

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X