Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iwagumi style: raising and lowering the HK and PH

Dear friends,

I'm Flávio from Brasília, Brazil. I'm trying to increase the KH without increase to much the PH.

My 140 liters Iwagumi tank have no fish yeat. Just plants and stones without supplements by far. CO2 injection and Flourite Black sand substrate.

KH was 0.5 dKH. The aquarium has 115 liters of water, then added 11.4 grams of alkaline buffer to raise my KH.

Result: KH is around 3.0 dKH and PH is 7.8.

I would like to raise the KH to between 4 and 5 dKH, but I need something to lower the PH around 7.0

I'll use the Alkaline Buffer to increase a little more the KH and consequently the PH will rise a little more, right? How do I lower the pH to the range between 6.8 and 7.0? I could lower the PH increasing CO2 injection or would have to use Acid Buffer for this?

When using one of these two options, the KH will be stabilized in the desired parameters (between 4.0 and 5.0 dKH)?

Best Regards

Re: Iwagumi style: raising and lowering the HK and PH

Thank you for your question!

The Acid Buffer will lower the pH temporarily, but if the KH is 4-5dKH, then the pH will creep back up to the alkaline range. The pH will only stay at 6.8-7.0 if enough KH is dissolved by the Acid Buffer.

Therefore, it would be best to implement CO2, which will allow you to keep a KH of 4-5degrees, while also achieving a pH of 6.8-7.0.

Comment

Thank you. Once I have news, I'll write here.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X