Medication recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medication recommendation

Hello. I got a betta a year ago and named her Anita. She's doing well and very active. But recently, I noticed a white bump on her tail and red spot on her head. It's almost like the bump is under her scales. I tried to search what it might be and the medication. I am hesitant to give her any medicine for I am not even 100% sure about it. It might inflict more health danger to my fish. Can someone please give me an advice on which medicine should I give and what should I do to save my fish? Kindly check the attached photos for your reference. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 8.19.27 AM.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	27356
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 8.19.18 AM.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	27357 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-11-22 at 8.19.12 AM.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	27358

Thanks for the post, Khaleesi!

I'm sorry to hear about Anita! It's difficult to diagnose with 100% certainly, but the bump could potentially be Lymphocystis, which is a viral infection. Many fish can live a long happy life with Lympho, it just looks unsightly. The red on the head could be from a different type of infection, possibly an internal bacteria or it may be a result of the lump. Since we are unsure of what it is, I would recommend starting with our ParaGuard, which is a broad spectrum medication that is effective against external infections. It is an antiseptic and does not contain any antibiotics. If after a week, you are not seeing any improvement, you may want to consider an antibiotic such as KanaPlex.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Support AN View Post
      Thanks for the post, Khaleesi!

I'm sorry to hear about Anita! It's difficult to diagnose with 100% certainly, but the bump could potentially be Lymphocystis, which is a viral infection. Many fish can live a long happy life with Lympho, it just looks unsightly. The red on the head could be from a different type of infection, possibly an internal bacteria or it may be a result of the lump. Since we are unsure of what it is, I would recommend starting with our ParaGuard, which is a broad spectrum medication that is effective against external infections. It is an antiseptic and does not contain any antibiotics. If after a week, you are not seeing any improvement, you may want to consider an antibiotic such as KanaPlex.
      Hello. Thank you so much for your help.

Comment

No worries!

Comment

Working...
        X