Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purigen Regeneration Question

Hi there,

I plan on running through the regeneration steps for the purigen bag on the weekend, my question is, is there any downside to doing 3 bags in the same container, all at the same time?

The bleach I'll be using is White King, it's unscenteed, but not as strong as bleach found in the US.

Also recently discovered the AquaVitro range, harder to get in Australia, but love it!!!

Thanks for the post Sup3rFly and the kind words about our Aquavitro range! If you email us directly at [email protected], we are happy to try to help you find aquavitro in your area. :)

As for the Purigen, yes it is completely fine to regenerate multiple bags in the same container, the key is to ensure that they are all completely soaked in the bleach:water solution. So if this means adding more of each proportionately, then you can do that too.

Comment

Hi Support,
      I had one last question, in step 3 do you need to use both buffers or just one of them? Sorry for the silly question.

For freshwater use, soak for 4 hours with a solution containing 2 tablespoons of buffer per cup of water (Discus Buffer®, Neutral Regulator®).

I may have found a supplier who has some stock of AquaVitro, if I get stuck, I'll email support.

Thank you again.

Comment

No worries, there are no silly questions! :)

You only need to use one of the buffers, but any of the ones listed will do the trick!

Comment

Thank you very much!

I did have 1 last one - sorry! With AquaVitro, is Envy almost the equivalent of Seachem Flourish Complete? Just wondering what the comparisons were like with that and the other Seachem? Hope this isn't asking too much.

Comment

No worries! The aquavitro envy is comparable to both our Flourish Comprehensive and Flourish Trace. We created a product that provides the benefits of both products in a single formula. In addition, we utilize chlorella in aquavitro envy. Chlorella is a unique algae that grows in fresh water. It is extremely high in enzymes, vitamins and minerals, including the full vitamin-B Complex. It is over-flowing with unsaturated fatty acids, amino acids, and proteins. There are also vitamins found in Chlorella including: Vitamin C, pro-vitamin A (B-carotene), thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), pyridoxine (B6), niacin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, Vitamin B12, biotin, choline, Vitamin K, lipoic acid, and inositol. Minerals in Chlorella include: phosphorus, calcium, zinc, iodine, magnesium, iron, and copper. It contains a higher level of amino acids than spirulina and is FDA approved for use with ornamental fish.

Comment

Thank you so much!

I've started soaking the purigen today in a 1:1 of bleach. Did notice the bleach is only 4.5% and not 6% and that it contains sodium hydroxide, is this ok?

Thanks heaps! Little worried now.

Comment

That should be fine as long as it's not splash-less or contains any scents. If you notice at the end of the regeneration process the Purigen beads are still as brown as they were prior to the regeneration, you may need to do it again. Also, keep in mind that since Purigen removes color bodies from the water, it can become stained in some cases and may not go back to the original off-white color it was in the beginning.

Comment

Thank you! Doesnt mentioned splash-less on it at all, just White King Regualr Bleach.

I did 24hrs in bleach 1:1 water, bags mostly white again, no bleach smell, they are sitting in prime and water right now (16hrs) due to work and will move them to the buffer shortly.

Thanks for all your help. Much appreciated!

Comment

No worries! Let us know if you have any other questions!

Comment

I've added it to the buffer, there was still a slight, slight smell.of chlorine, hoping the buffer will get rid of that :(

Thanks again.

Comment

If there is any residual odor of chlorine, you will need to soak it in Prime again for another 8 hours. We do not recommend putting it in the filter if there is ANY odor of chlorine.

Comment

Working...
                        X