Dosing Paraguard with Cory Cats, Netites and Rasboras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dosing Paraguard with Cory Cats, Netites and Rasboras

Hello, so pretty much the title sums it up. I have 8 Cory Cats, 9 Rasboras and 5 Nerites in a 29 gallon. My Corys have been showing signs of irritation since the day I brought them home (almost a month ago). This is my first go round with Corys, so pretty much I was unsure how to pinpoint the issue. Finally yesterday I thought to give Paraguard a chance. I dosed at less than half strength (close to) and have noticed a major improvement already. My question is, should I keep up the almost half dose thing I already started and do water changes? Every day, or?? I read somewhere online (unsure if this is accurate, so please correct me if I'm wrong) that Paraguard diminishes over the course of a day/24 hours. So that led me to believe that Flukes could be the culprit. I don't see any white spots representing Ich, and I have been monitoring them very closely over the course of all of this. What I have seen for the last few weeks has been the 4 original Cory's (my emeralds) flashing, erratically swimming nonstop, switching, (2 Cory's passed in the beginning, I was doing a fish in cycle and assumed their deaths were related to that) fin loss and last night noticed one of my Albino Cory's was laying on the bottom with labored breathing,
    as well as every fish was extremely bloated, so I assumed parasites were the culprit.
    So I then decided to dose the Paraguard. I have been preforming water changes like a ritual ever since I saw their distress. Water parameters are always pristine, so I knew that was not the case. This is my first go round with Paraguard and already I can tell, it's a miracle medicine! I just want to know how to go about properly dosing these little guys up while leaving everyone in their happy little home :) Thank you! Additionally, I am using Stress Guard when preforming water changes with the Paraguard.
    Last edited by Ari840; 08-25-2018, 20:15.

Thanks for the post!

ParaGuard will dissipate from the water column after 24 hours, so it must be dosed daily for the treatment period. Daily water changes are not necessary, but instead we recommend doing your normal water change routine when medicating, so once a week is suggested. Remember to remove any chemical filtration such as carbon from the filter, as it will pull the medication out. Flukes can be a bit tricky, but when caught early, ParaGuard is the best option. It is only effective against external infections, it will not treat anything internal. I would recommend continuing the ParaGuard until the symptoms disappear. StressGuard is a great option as well, because it is also an antiseptic and can assist in healing infections and prevent secondary infections.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Hi guys, I have a question. I have angelfish and I tried to feed him, but it seems that my fish is not eating. I tried to feed him with all types of fish foods, but Im losing hope. I did some research on my own and found out that feeding fish pot oil does give their metabolism a boost. Like this article about a marijuana strain blimburnseeds.com/northern-automatic. If this is true I can't find any solid conclusive evidence that speaks to its efficacy. Any personal experience or testimonial would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the post Benny346! Unfortunately we do not have any published data on this that I can share with you, but we are curious to know your findings!

Sometimes, for angels, a mixture of Entice and Garlic Guard can help stimulate their appetite :)

Comment

Working...
        X