Seachem's recommended Cichlid water parameters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seachem's recommended Cichlid water parameters

I am a faithful Seachem product user and my questions relate to you Cichlid Lake Salt and Malawi Buffer. Seachem has posted here the following parameters,
    General Hardness: 1.5–3meq/L (4–8 dGH)
    Carbonate Hardness: 1.5-3meq/L (4-8dKH)
    https://www.seachem.com/support/foru...1137#post21137
    4-8 seems low from other reading that I seen. Would you please explain why these numbers. I have seen 10-14 KH and 9-18 GH
    Thanks

Thanks for the post!
    There are going to be different parameters for Malawi/Victoria species and that is because you will find differences all across the lake. We tried to take a middle ground approach with our numbers because the African Rift Lakes will have a variety of parameters based on location in the lake. It is perfectly acceptable to adjust your parameters based on the particular species you keep in your tank. These are general recommendations and can be adjusted as needed.

Comment

Rift Lakes will have a variety of parameters based on location in the lake. It is perfectly acceptable to adjust your parameters based on the particular species you keep in your tank. These are general recommendations and can be adjusted as needed.
      Last edited by tech support SM; 03-10-2020, 14:07.

Comment

Working...
      X