Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Tanganyika Tank

Hello,

I am starting a new tank specifically for several Tanganyika species, the tank is 125 gallons. I have a few questions around Seachem products and usage. The 3 products I plan on using are :Cichlid lake salt, Tanganyika Buffer and replenish to treat RO/DI. I am targeting the following parameters

9.0 PH
    GH 15
    KH 12
    Temp 77-78

My first questions is is it necessary to use replenish with the other buffers I mentioned for RO/DI water ?
    My second question is , if I am using a 30 gallon barrel what dosages of the mentioned products do I need to use to achieve the desired parameters i mentioned above ?

Thanks for the help !

Hello Andy B, thanks for reaching out!

Both Cichlid Lake Salt and Replenish raise your GH so no need to use both. The Cichlid Lake Salt is designed specifically for African Cichlids so I would go with that! For Cichlid Lake Salt the dosage will depend on the type of African Cichlids you have. All doses are given for 40 L (10 US gallons).
    • Tanganyika: Use 11 g (1.5 teaspoons).
    • Malawi: Use 5.5 g (3/4 teaspoon).
    • Victoria: Use 3.6 g (1/2 teaspoon).
    If you are dosing "directly" to the tank (diluting in some water then adding to tank) then you would dose for the full volume of the tank which would be 137.5 gramsof Cichlid Lake Salt for 125 US gallons. If you are 30 gallon water change you would only dose for the amount of water you are preparing which would be 33 gramsfor 30 US gallons of water. Dosages are based on DI or RO water; for other water, measure hardness (GH) first, then add according to need. For reference, the Tanganyika dose raises dGH by 8.8 units. The Malawi dose raises dGH by 4.4 units. The Victoria dose raises dGH by 3 units. We recommend the following GH ranges:
    • Tanganyika: 3–5.5 meq/L (8–14 dGH)
    • Malawi: 1.5–3meq/L (4–8 dGH)
    • Victoria: 1–2 meq/L (3–6 dGH)
    For Tanganyikan Buffer use 5 g (1 level teaspoon) for each 40–80 L (10 to 20 US gallons) of water each day until desired pH is attained and maintained. Thereafter, use as required to maintain pH, usually no more than once every two to three weeks. Same applies here, if you are dosing full volume of water then you would dose 62.5 grams of Tanganyikan buffer for 125 gallons and 15 grams for 30 gallons of water.

Hope this helps!

TechSupport SM

Comment

, the tank is 125 gallons. I have a few questions around Seachem products and usage. The 3 products I plan on using are :Cichlid lake salt, Tanganyika Buffer and replenish to treat RO/DI. I am targeting the following parameters
      Last edited by tech support SM; 03-10-2020, 14:10.

Comment

Working...
      X