X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Support PE
    replied
    Hello Ishouki,

I use both Cichlid Lake Salt and Tanganyika Buffer in a large Tanganyika tank here that houses wild caught fish with no problems at all.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    PE

Leave a comment:

• ISHOUKI
    replied

Maybe TDS is not so important, i read for Cyprichromis water can have more than 600 TDS...

Leave a comment:

• Tech Support AN
    replied
    Yes, I would focus on targeting your GH and pH. I would not worry about your TDS levels, as they will increase and decrease over time, depending on what you are adding to the tank, if you are topping off or how many water changes you are doing.

Leave a comment:

• ISHOUKI
    replied
    to make the values as i need... i don't know what to do, do i need to raise KH, GH pH and forget TDS ? But i think TDS will be really high, it doesn't matter ? What about osmotic pressure ? Thank you for your help.

Leave a comment:

• Tech Support AN
    replied
    Thanks for the post, ISHOUKI!

You may have to use it daily until you see the pH stabilize. Do you have anything in the system, other than fish, that could be pulling the pH down?

Leave a comment:

• ISHOUKI
    replied
    Originally posted by Tech Support AN View Post
    No worries! Yes, you can add 41.5 grams daily until your pH stabilizes. Once you have established the proper buffer system, you should only need to usa today protonmail add it at water changes and maybe once in between. However, this will also depend on your organic load in the system. If you have an extremely overstocked tank, all of those organic acids being produced by the fish will tend to pull the pH downward, so more buffer may be required to maintain the pH level.
    , i use the Tanganyika buffer but the pH drops all the time below 8.5 so i don't know how much i have to put in the tank again and again. I

Leave a comment:

• Tech Support AN
    replied
    No worries! Yes, you can add 41.5 grams daily until your pH stabilizes. Once you have established the proper buffer system, you should only need to add it at water changes and maybe once in between. However, this will also depend on your organic load in the system. If you have an extremely overstocked tank, all of those organic acids being produced by the fish will tend to pull the pH downward, so more buffer may be required to maintain the pH level.

Leave a comment:

• chaps31
    replied
    Thank you for your concern about my questions. I have another question, i use the Tanganyika buffer but the pH drops all the time below 8.5 so i don't know how much i have to put in the tank again and again. I have 332 liters, so 20-40 g each time until pH is stable ?

Leave a comment:

• Tech Support AN
    replied
    Thanks for the post! I believe we answered your question via our Support email, but let us know if you need anything further!

Leave a comment:

• chaps31
    replied
    Maybe TDS is not so important, i read for Cyprichromis water can have more than 600 TDS...

Leave a comment:

• chaps31
    started a topic What about TDS

What about TDS

Hello,
    I start a Tanganyika tank i used the cichlid lake salt and after that the Tanganyika buffer. I'm waiting because after that values are not stable yet. after some days, GH 12 KH 6 pH 8,5. I need to use more salt and buffer but... TDS=443... TDS in the Tanganyika lake is about 300... So there is a lot of ions but not enough to make the values as i need... i don't know what to do, do i need to raise KH, GH pH and forget TDS ? But i think TDS will be really high, it doesn't matter ? What about osmotic pressure ? Thank you for your help.
Working...
X