Frontossa bath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frontossa bath

Okay so I've been bathing my frontossa in a Paragard, kana plex & furan bath. Every time I get him out, he looks amazing. His color starts to come back. But then I put him back into his tank and he turns basically black again. I'm so frustrated because I have tried over and over again. He just doesn't want to come back fully. I'm afraid to use the copper that I purchased from you, as well as the remover & a test kit. also I purchased the ph & ammonia alert thingy'. They are truly wonderful. Any advice on how I can get my fish back to normal would be great. Thanks he also has been what I feel it looks like he's having a seizure . But I'm sure it's not. I have also been feeding him the medicated food. I did try the metro plex first. It helped some but he still is having issues. Maybe I should have given him two rounds. Thank you for your service. And your products! All of you guys at seachem are wonderful. So thank you again. Here's to hoping you can help me on this frustrating dilemma I've been dealing with since i moved to Utah. I just can't seem to get through.

Thank you,
    Cheryl

Hi there Cheryl!

It sounds like either he has a persistent bacterial infection or something in the water of his tank is bothering him. Have you done a water test recently? If I know your water parameters, I can rule out "water quality issue" as a possible cause of fish stress.

Thanks!

Comment

Okay so, I've come to the conclusion that my fish has velvet. Now all I can do is treat with copper. And that makes me a bit nervous. Please if you could tell me how to do properly I would be greatly appreciative. I have purchased the test kit and remover as well as the treatment. This needs to happen quickly because he is just miserable. I try to do daily water changes and bath him in para guard which seems to help for a bit. I believe his substrate was contaminated, when I moved him from California to Salt Lake City. I got in a rush because he had been in a 5 gallon bucket for going on 72 hours. So I wanted to get him in his tank asap. Not thinking the water here would be much different . I soon found I was wrong. The ph here runs at 7.8 so that's good. But it's the rest of who knows what they add is beyond me? I do also know I saw little white worms in his tank. And that completely grossed me out. I wanted them gone! But everyone kept telling me they were fine. But as I said, I wanted them gone! It has been a nightmare trying to get rid of them. I believe they are still there. Just on a more microscopic plane. Anyway copper is defiantly what I need to use. As much as it scares me.... so please tell me the proper way to use. Thank you very much.

Comment

Okay you guys are killing me..... ,lol can I still take him out for a dip while the copper is in there? Also in 14 days his tank will need some water and ph, how do I add water? I truly hope I will hear from you soon?.......please.......thanks........

Comment

Thank you for your reply. You will want to pick one method of treatment and stick with it. You can either use copper, or ParaGuard dips, but not both. Doing multiple treatments can be dangerous and/or very stressful for your fish.

The fish will certainly be more comfortable in the tank than in the bucket, but if it is not set up and is unicycle, treatment will be tricky as you will not have any beneficial. bacteria to offset ammonia levels. You an use bacterial additives such as Stability to help with this, but if you are using a copper based medication in the tank, you will want to stay away from ammonia reducing products.

I recommend that you get the tank set up and get the fish in the tank and comfortable. Then you can medicate him in this tank. Stress is the #1 contributing factor to fish disease and the illness is likely directly relate to the stress he has gone through. To treat with Cupramine, you will follow the instructions on the Cupramine page exactly. You an read treatment method below:

http://www.seachem.com/cupramine.php

Comment

Thank you so much! But just so I'm clear. I can use stability? Also can I use you tanganyiko buffer to bring the ph up? Thank you for all your help. I can tell you this I hope the copper will work with getting rid of this crap in his tank. I can do water change, scrub the sides of the tank and the very next day they'll be that white hairy plankton crap or whatever they call it on it . It shouldn't go that fast. Also will the copper make him feel stressed? Thank you for your help. To loose this fish would truly devastate me.

Comment

Also what about adding water or water changes?

Comment

I was so hoping for an answer by now. Sad 😭

Comment

Hi there! Sorry for the delay - we try to answer all posts personally, so occasionally it takes us a bit of time to get around to everyone. Any time you have a question that you need answered immediately, you can give the support line a call at (888) 732-0003. We answer the phones from 9:00 to 5:00 M-F EST.

You can certainly use Stability and Tanganyika Buffer in conjunction with Cupramine. You won't want to change things very quickly though - try not to do copper doses and buffer doses on the same day. Copper is a powerful treatment and can be a bit stressful to the fish, but among copper treatments Cupramine is very gentle. We recommend to keep an eye on the fish during treatment and to take care not to overdose the tank, but otherwise most fish tolerate Cupramine treatments very well.

Comment

As far as water changes go, we recommend to restore the copper level in the water used for water changes to 0.25 mg/L before adding it into the tank. There should be no need to add copper to top-off water. When you are preparing new water, make sure to let your water sit for at least 24 hours after dosing the conditioner (48 if possible) so that there is no interaction between the conditioner and the Cupramine.

Comment

Thank you so very much! You guys are Great over there!!! 😀

Comment

You are welcome! :)

Comment

You should know, It's working! Thank you guys! I am forever a loyal seachem customer!
                          Thank you thank you!

Comment

We are so happy to hear this! :)

Comment

Working...
                            X